Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Now I think I've seen everything. Ladies and Gentlemen, a turf cushion. http://t.co/LTOPXXiHVh 3 hours ago
- RT @BritWeatherSvs: Heatwave and pent up BBQ's to follow the grim weather of the next few days. All still on course (: http://t.co/weqJfDk… 3 hours ago
- England. You are too cold. 18 hours ago
- Gawd, @myhermes has only gone and redelivered the parcel misdelivered to me to next door because I "was out". What morons. 18 hours ago
- This was the building full of squeaking bats last night. Must have been driven mad by the illumination. http://t.co/PFCVNGHm0F 1 day ago
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Arrest after submerged car body find 30/05/2015The body of a man is found in a submerged car in a drainage ditch in Mark, Somerset.
- Tribute to 'greatly loved' cyclist, 7 30/05/2015A seven-year-old cyclist who died following a crash with a car in North Somerset was "greatly loved" her family says.
- Car crashes into family sitting room 29/05/2015A couple has a narrow escape when a car ploughs through garden railings and crashes into their house in Bath.
- Supermarket plans get go-ahead 29/05/2015Plans for a supermarket on the site of the former Aquasplash pool in Minehead are given the go-ahead.
- Village gives flood boat to charity 29/05/2015A boat acquired by a group of Somerset villagers during flooding last year is handed to a rescue charity.
- Arrest after submerged car body find 30/05/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 85,950 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.