Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Lovely flyby just now of a buzzard being mobbed by some corvids I couldn't identify. Birds seem agitated. Bad weather on the way? 1 hour ago
- Lovely Storify by @MooseAllain on children's imaginary friends: sfy.co/g0Wk0. Though mine was my parents' imaginary friend. 11 hours ago
- RT @Matt_Forster: I NEED empty/not needed tubes of paint for a 3D project. Happy to pay postage :) please RT for #artists http://t.co/NgGyV… 12 hours ago
- RT @Milts101: Car-nage at watchet station today http://t.co/Bhp7txb6k4 12 hours ago
- Mind how you go. Path made almost entirely of tree roots. http://t.co/uOkkei1fKZ 13 hours ago
Tagsbirds blogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Man held over online abuse of blogger 18/04/2015A man is arrested after food writer and campaigner Jack Monroe was bombarded with homophobic abuse on Twitter.
- Catch badgers before shooting, say vets 18/04/2015The shooting of free-running badgers in culls should end, the British Veterinary Association says, explaining it is more humane to capture them first.
- Teacher 'marks' UKIP election leaflet 18/04/2015A UKIP campaign leaflet went viral for the wrong reasons when it was given the red pen treatment by an English teacher who spotted more than a dozen errors.
- UK monitoring French nuclear issue 18/04/2015Britain's nuclear safety regulator says it expects lessons to be learned from problems with a French reactor that is very similar to one planned in Somerset.
- Museum closes ahead of £1m revamp 18/04/2015Weston Museum closes ahead of its £1m revamp that is expected to take nearly two years to complete.
- Man held over online abuse of blogger 18/04/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 84,539 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.