Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Man arrested over girl's 1984 murder 03/07/2015A man is arrested in connection with the murder of a girl who was sexually assaulted and stabbed to death in Bath more than 30 years ago.
- VIDEO: Village marks US Independence Day 04/07/2015A small village in Somerset is marking US Independence Day by celebrating its links to two former presidents.
- Huntsman charged after saboteur hurt 03/07/2015A rider who was previously told he would not face prosecution after his horse trampled a hunt saboteur now faces criminal charges.
- Landfill fire out after five days 02/07/2015A large fire at a Somerset landfill site which burned for five days is put out.
- Hospital faces £8m budget shortfall 02/07/2015Bosses at a Somerset hospital say they will do their "utmost" to avoid a predicted budget deficit of £8m.
- Man arrested over girl's 1984 murder 03/07/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
July 2015 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 86,795 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.