Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Not sure Poldark can be called 'brand new drama'. Some of us have memories of the previous one. 6 hours ago
- Remember when ambulances were white? 9 hours ago
- Is storm. 9 hours ago
- See the original tweet for my comment's relevance. To clarify replies from men disliking image, and mostly women favouriting. Interesting. 13 hours ago
- Haters men, faves women. RT @Londonist: Stuff to do in London this week for a fiver or less bit.ly/1N5cwqy http://t.co/hphevJ4zvh 13 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Thousands turn out for half marathon 01/03/2015Around 45,000 people, including up to 15,000 runners, take to the streets of Bath for the annual half marathon.
- Funeral held for Bath crash victim 28/02/2015The funeral is held for one of the victims of a crash involving a 30-tonne tipper truck in Bath that killed four people.
- Council tax reduction plan agreed 27/02/2015South Somerset District Council has voted to reduce its share of the council tax bill by 1.99%.
- Man who raped boy at nursery jailed 27/02/2015A man who was found guilty of raping a young boy at a nursery and of sexually abusing a girl is jailed for eight years.
- Rape charge police sergeant in court 27/02/2015A Bristol police sergeant appears in court charged with rape, sexual assault, false imprisonment and actual bodily harm.
- Thousands turn out for half marathon 01/03/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 83,042 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.