Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- I enjoyed seeing Ed's teeth on the news. #cantrememberthehashtag 8 hours ago
- Ah. He locked the door deliberately. Ok. 8 hours ago
- Isn't it possible that the co-pilot fell ill? A catastrophic brain haemorrhage or something? 8 hours ago
- OK, now everyone involved in this is being silly. bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan… 9 hours ago
- RT @gingerfig: Have you heard about the yarnbombing planned for July? We are looking for knitters + crocheters to get involved :-) http://t… 9 hours ago
Tagsbirds blogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Currency boss 'left before collapse' 24/03/2015An ex-director, from Somerset, of a firm that collapsed with debts of £20m says he resigned a year before it went into administration.
- Dig could solve lost canal mystery 25/03/2015Archaeologists say they hope a dig on an abandoned canal in Somerset will help solve a 150 year-old mystery.
- Levels dredging 'combated floods' 24/03/2015Dredging on the Somerset Levels last year made a real difference in combating flooding, campaigners say.
- Tributes paid to Weston's former MP 23/03/2015Tributes are paid to the former Conservative MP for Weston-super-Mare Sir Jerry Wiggin who died aged 78.
- Hot springs hope to heat abbey 24/03/2015Investigative work starts as part of plans to heat Bath Abbey and the Pump Rooms using energy from the city's hot springs.
- Currency boss 'left before collapse' 24/03/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 83,881 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.