Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Going to IKEA this pm. My guess is 5 unexpected items in the bagging area. 4 hours ago
- RT @ManorFarmWotton: So many #balloons #litter fields being grazed released #balloonrace #endanger #wildlife ribbons to chew #notgoid https… 4 hours ago
- THIS , you warmongering politicians. twitter.com/victorialive/s… 9 hours ago
- Strivers? twitter.com/bbclaurak/stat… 1 day ago
- Walking across the kitchen with food in your hand when you have a Labrador is like being marked by an overkeen year 7 netball player. 1 day ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Religious studies GCSE 'error of law' 26/11/2015The High Court rules in favour of three families - including one from Somerset - who challenged a decision to exclude non-religious beliefs from the new religious studies GCSE syllabus.
- Universities 'best' for business ideas 26/11/2015A group of universities in the south and west of England are rated the best in the world at helping scientists turn their creativity into cash.
- Newt DNA tests could 'halve costs' 26/11/2015A water firm is using DNA testing to detect great-crested newts on sites where pipe building work is planned in a bid to cut its costs.
- New research 'rewrites' abbey myths 24/11/2015New research has "rewritten" the history of Glastonbury Abbey, it is claimed.
- 'Cat hospital' hope for sanctuary 24/11/2015An animal sanctuary in south Somerset announces £1m plans to expand its current site and build a new special care unit for cats.
- Religious studies GCSE 'error of law' 26/11/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 90,733 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.