Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Hand yourself in. No. Give yourself up. Yes. 7 hours ago
- RT @Ryan_Trower: Teenager and very bored. Free to help with anything in the South East Cornwall and #Plymouth area! #legup 12 hours ago
- RT @safemyth: UK needs more green bridges over transport infrastructure, says new @NaturalEngland study publications.naturalengland.org.uk/publication/63… http://t.co/… 15 hours ago
- Nora's barking made the postman squish the letters through the letterbox ruining a lovely thank you card. None of this is acceptable. 15 hours ago
- RT @indiaknight: That whiny 10 Things To Say To Writers hashtag gets on my wick. It's most people's idea of a dream life. 19 hours ago
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Eric Cantona backs fans' buyout bid 29/07/2015Eric Cantona is backing a community buyout scheme by fans of cash-strapped Bath City Football Club.
- Police boss kept away from own force 28/07/2015The chief constable of Avon and Somerset Police is temporarily moved away from his job following a misconduct hearing.
- Ashton Gate to host England women 29/07/2015England women's first home fixture since the World Cup will take place in November at Bristol City's Ashton Gate.
- TV presenter gave kidney to mother 28/07/2015Points West presenter and reporter Sabet Choudhury describes how he was left with little choice but to donate a kidney to his mother - because of a lack of ethnic minority organ donors.
- Owl given library card by university 28/07/2015Yoda the Eagle Owl is given his own University of Bath library card in recognition of his work on campus scaring off seagulls.
- Eric Cantona backs fans' buyout bid 29/07/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 87,538 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.