Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- RT @simiansuter: A haberdashery of robin's pincushions instagram.com/p/8pbRTYqTi2/ 1 minute ago
- So. Much. Mist. 2 minutes ago
- Have eaten the first pork scratchings since 1982. 9 hours ago
- RT @phil500: vine.co/v/e0BYUwAvZPF 13 hours ago
- Not sure if the dog barking or me shouting "Shut up!" is more annoying. 20 hours ago
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England farming flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Farmer in council 'land-grab' shock 08/10/2015A farmer near Bath is shocked after finding out via his local paper of council plans to build a park and ride on his land.
- Plaque laid for Victoria Cross hero 08/10/2015A special ceremony is held in Paulton to honour Lance Sergeant Oliver Brooks who received the Victoria Cross for his bravery in WWI.
- Retired bishop jailed for sex assaults 07/10/2015A retired Church of England bishop is jailed for a string of sex offences against teenagers and young men.
- New train times 'slower than 1970s' 07/10/2015New £4.5m trains running from London to the West will be slower than those 40 years ago, a transport union claims.
- Festival tickets aid refugee plight 06/10/2015Glastonbury Festival organisers have donated five pairs of festival tickets and several bespoke "on-site experiences" to help Oxfam's refugee appeal.
- Farmer in council 'land-grab' shock 08/10/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
October 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 89,404 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.