Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- "Get woken?" 12 hours ago
- Just realised that @BBCiPlayerRadio has an alarm function so you can get woken by the radio instead of an alarm sound. #joy 12 hours ago
- Didn't expect a mention of The Agapemone in the radio! #Somerset 14 hours ago
- Say Hello To The Cuckoo | Frank The Heron - franktheheron.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/say… 14 hours ago
- Do read @M_Z_Harrison's At Hawthorn Time, it's very good. 20 hours ago
Tagsbirds blogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Man rebailed over abusive tweets 25/04/2015A man arrested over abusive tweets to cookery writer Jack Monroe is rebailed by police.
- Stabbing victim's funeral held 24/04/2015A funeral takes place for a Glastonbury woman who was found stabbed to death in February.
- Man to receive damages from cabbie 24/04/2015A man who suffered severe brain damage when he leapt out of a moving taxi in Bath is to be paid damages by the cab driver who "abducted" him.
- New lifeboat station is opened 24/04/2015A new lifeboat station in Portishead is to become operational as it is formally adopted by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.
- Concerns over sole-trader carer list 24/04/2015A care association raises concerns over a new council project to boost the number of "sole-trader" carers for the elderly.
- Man rebailed over abusive tweets 25/04/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 84,757 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.