Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- RT @BTO_GBW: This Coal Tit just flew into a @_BTO window. It's fine but here's how to reduce window strikes bit.ly/1IfLngg http://t… 8 hours ago
- RT @BJ_Coleman: Calling all artists and arts groups in Hammersmith & Fulham - please join in the ArtsFest in June lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/News… 8 hours ago
- Oh joy. #wind 10 hours ago
- RT @bbcweather: Potentially damaging winds tonight. Here are the gust speeds. Poss 60-70mph gusts in Somerset/Bristol channel. Jo http://t.… 10 hours ago
- RT @Quantockhills: The #Quantocks in the Sunday Telegraph at the weekend, celebrating all things Spring telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wil… 10 hours ago
Tagsbirds blogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Marine Lake restoration under way 30/03/2015Work begins de-silting Marine Lake in Clevedon in the first phase of plans designed to restore the lake and surrounding area.
- Children's services still inadequate 27/03/2015The care of vulnerable children in Somerset is again rated "inadequate" by government inspectors.
- Mental healthcare gets £1.8m boost 27/03/2015Health bosses in Somerset have agreed to make £2.7m of savings to healthcare budget but an extra £1.8m will go on mental health.
- Vicar denies sexual assault charges 27/03/2015A vicar from Somerset denies three counts of sexual assault and one of indecent exposure in a hearing held at Dorchester Crown Court.
- Levels flood defence work completed 27/03/2015A £1.5m operation to improve flood defences in an area of the Somerset Levels is complete.
- Marine Lake restoration under way 30/03/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 83,957 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.