Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- RT @Teigngardener: Why don't those over the age of 75 take responsibility for paying the TV licence of those over 75? 36 minutes ago
- The dog's overheated herself. Emergency application of wet towel. http://t.co/psIX7JyZd0 1 hour ago
- RT @TrevBondEA: If you see fish in distress, call our incident hotline on 0800 60 70 80. It's free from landlines and personal mobile phone… 2 hours ago
- Preen. instagram.com/p/4zHMtKyji2/ 2 hours ago
- Torn between wanting a huge black eye as a trophy for falling down the stairs. And not. 4 hours ago
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Man and woman found dead at house 06/07/2015The discovery of two bodies at a house in Somerset prompts a murder inquiry, but police are not looking for anyone else.
- Austria challenges nuclear subsidy 06/07/2015Austria files a legal complaint at the European Court against the use of government subsidies for the planned Hinkley Point C station.
- Man in court over girl's 1984 murder 06/07/2015A man appears in court charged with murdering a girl who was sexually assaulted and stabbed to death in Bath more than 30 years ago.
- Train strike on after talks collapse 06/07/2015Talks aimed at settling a dispute over plans to axe guards and buffet cars on First Great Western's new Hitachi Inter City Express trains have broken down.
- No metro mayor for West, says Labour 06/07/2015Labour councillors on four West of England councils say they will fight any plans to "impose" a "metro mayor" in the region.
- Man and woman found dead at house 06/07/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 86,833 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.