Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- RT @WillowsWetlands: There is an interesting story behind these ordinary looking baskets. They are not umbrella baskets or tall waste... ht… 14 minutes ago
- RT @silverpebble: Youngest: 'What's this word bezzydez?' Me: 'Bezzydez?' Y: 'It says 'bezzydez that there was a horse' Me: 'Besides?' Y: 'O… 29 minutes ago
- RT @JOJOx1971: @telfordlive found stowing in van Hortonwood pet not feral. Could be from anywhere in Shropshire tel: 603838 http://t.co/JMa… 2 hours ago
- Someone locally has a smoke alarm that has been beeping for about three years. 4 hours ago
- RT @neillockwood: Brilliantly seedy shop in Frome, nr Somerset. http://t.co/2p5LvxONdk 4 hours ago
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England farming flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Trial date set in 1984 murder case 28/08/2015A 63-year-old man will stand trial over the murder of a teenager who was stabbed to death in 1984.
- 'Tragedy' over 170 jobs at paper mill 28/08/2015A 250-year-old paper mill in Somerset is set to close in December with the loss of more than 170 jobs.
- VIDEO: Vintage 'steam bus' tours seafront 28/08/2015A vintage steam-powered bus is the latest tourist attraction on the seafront at Weston-super-Mare.
- Glastonbury donates wellies to migrants 28/08/2015Glastonbury Festival is donating many of the wellies thrown away at this year's event to migrants in Calais.
- Former MP to take 'ludicrous' peerage 28/08/2015Former Bath MP Don Foster has said he will join the "ludicrous" and "grubby" House of Lords - despite being opposed to an unelected second chamber.
- Trial date set in 1984 murder case 28/08/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 88,377 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.