Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- RT @johnlewis: Sincere thanks to @johnlewisretail who sent me a beautiful telescope as a thank you for redirecting wayward tweets. https://… 1 hour ago
- Village community shop, which shall remain nameless, is advertising mice pies (sic). 1 hour ago
- RT @chiller: My current favourite Amazon review. *clicks Helpful button* https://t.co/eWnbq0wY2t 2 hours ago
- RT @mjmnaturephoto: Very excited to see 3 #otters in the River Tone this lunchtime. Here's video of 1 @SomersetWT https://t.co/tYb3VJlzRg 2 hours ago
- RT @Quantockhills: #AutumnStatement brings good news for Protected Landscapes. A break down here quantockhills.com/blog/view/autu… @AONBFamily https:… 2 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Manager Sturrock leaves Yeovil Town 01/12/2015League Two's bottom side Yeovil Town part company with manager Paul Sturrock after just eight months in charge.
- Hospital wards closed due to outbreak 01/12/2015All wards at Bath's Royal United Hospital are shut to visitors following a norovirus outbreak.
- 'Criminal recklessness' in SAS deaths 30/11/2015Failings which led to the deaths of three SAS reservists, including Cpl James Dunsby of Bath, amounted to 'criminal recklessness', lawyers claim.
- VIDEO: Morquio syndrome woman wins drug deal 29/11/2015A woman from Bath, who has a rare degenerative disorder, has welcomed a deal struck with a drug's manufacturer.
- WW2 airfield memorials unveiled 28/11/2015Memorials are unveiled at two disused World War Two airfields in Somerset.
- Manager Sturrock leaves Yeovil Town 01/12/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 90,842 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.