Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- Noisiest hotel in the world. 4 hours ago
- RT @WestRidgeFarm: Do these Springwatch guys make you angry as much as me? Self righteous, misinformation. We know where the hedgehogs have… 13 hours ago
- Just seen 'jackdaw' spelt 'jackdoor'. Never would have occurred to me. 13 hours ago
- So I presume my stag beetle didn't make Springwatch? 14 hours ago
- Tel Aviv. Very happening. All the vintage furniture is here. 14 hours ago
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Patient 'suspicious of drug dosage' 27/05/2015A patient who died after being given a "massive overdose" of an anti-psychotic drug suspected the dose was too much, a court hears.
- College petitioned over arts closure 28/05/2015A former music student from Yeovil College starts a campaign against plans to shut its music and performing arts section.
- VIDEO: Country show celebrates anniversary 28/05/2015The Royal Bath and West Show is celebrating 50 years at its Shepton Mallet site.
- FBU questions 6% fire chief pay rise 27/05/2015A proposed 6% pay increase for a fire chief is criticised by a union after firefighters receive a 1% rise.
- Broadmoor nurse sold 'killer' stories 26/05/2015A mental health nurse from Somerset who worked at Broadmoor high security hospital admits selling stories about patients to newspaper journalists.
- Patient 'suspicious of drug dosage' 27/05/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 85,911 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.