Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- RT @sturdyAlex: For perspective, I offer simply this: an aerial photo of one of the Syrian refugee camps in Jordan. #refugeecrisis https://… 25 minutes ago
- RT @M_Z_Harrison: Year after year it ripens, falls and goes to waste. If you have a fruit tree, HARVEST IT! http://t.co/k0yMJiNRjz 1 hour ago
- RT @charlottegrif16: @DoglostUK#Somerset Tweeps PRT Sadly Ellie's still missing #Highbridge #TA9 http://t.co/hfi1CHJQSP http://t.co/JQuq3kE… 1 hour ago
- Friend's response to suggestion we see Cumberhamlet at cinema: "can't abide him, or Shakespeare". 7 hours ago
- Things that could have been foreseen #356: that the dog would clean her face on the carpet after gnawing on a marrow bone. 7 hours ago
Tagsblogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Dog England farming flowers garden gardening hedge History holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London nature photography postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset south west england Spring summer travel UK walk walking weather west country winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Bishop sex abuse victims sue church 06/10/2015A Church of England vicar says a former bishop from Somerset tried to blackmail him into having sex if he was to allow him to become ordained.
- Water firm bill 16% cut confirmed 06/10/2015A water company which serves 1.2 million customers is told it must cut average water bills by 16% by 2020.
- Fans snap up Glastonbury tickets 04/10/2015All 118,200 standard tickets for next year's Glastonbury music festival sell out in half an hour.
- Bus and car in hour-long stand-off 02/10/2015A bus driver who became embroiled in an angry one-hour stand-off over right of way on a road tells a motorist: "You're going to lose your... life in a second."
- Misconduct police chief 'should quit' 02/10/2015A suspended chief constable has "lost the confidence" of his officers and staff and should resign, says the chief inspector of constabulary.
- Bishop sex abuse victims sue church 06/10/2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 89,322 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.