Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Quiet, sunshine, bird song, distant lambs bleating, horses hooves, insects buzzing, wood pigeons cooing. Perfect. twitpic.com/ct3p9b 5 hours ago
- First orange tip butterfly in the garden. Beautiful out there and warm! #amazed 5 hours ago
- Very entertained by the idea that jpeg should be pronounced 'gaypedge'. Will be doing so forthwith. #thenowshow 6 hours ago
- Updated contacts in What's App. While everyone's statuses are about availability, überboss's says: 'writing'. #remainsunimpressed 8 hours ago
- Still in bed. I can see a field full of buttercups. The words 'hedge trimming' loom on the horizon. 8 hours ago
Top topicsautumn birds blogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Crafts England flowers garden gardening hedge holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature Nether Stowey pheasant photography pictures postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer Sweden travel Travellers' Rest UK walk walking weather wind winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- M5 crash woman driving 'wrong way' 25/05/2013A woman has died in a car crash after driving the wrong way on the southbound carriageway of the M5 from Weston-super-Mare.
- '18th Century housekeeper' job taken 25/05/2013A vacancy for an "18th Century housekeeper" vacancy in a house in Bath's Royal Crescent is filled by four separate people.
- Coach plunge driver may face arrest 24/05/2013The driver of a coach that plunged off a viaduct near Bath, injuring members of the US band Baroness, is warned he could be issued with an arrest warrant if he fails to attend court.
- Death crash killer boyfriend jailed 24/05/2013A man who killed his girlfriend when he crashed her car was driving up to 90mph on a country road is jailed.
- Accused denies burning documents 23/05/2013A man accused of murdering his 23-year-old girlfriend as part of a plot to benefit from her life insurance denies burning a copy of the policy.
- M5 crash woman driving 'wrong way' 25/05/2013
- Saturday: sunny, Max Temp: 15°C (59°F), Min Temp: 5°C (41°F) 25/05/2013Max Temp: 15°C (59°F), Min Temp: 5°C (41°F), Wind Direction: N, Wind Speed: 6mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1023mb, Humidity: 52%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 05:08BST, Sunset: 21:10BST
- Saturday: sunny, Max Temp: 15°C (59°F), Min Temp: 5°C (41°F) 25/05/2013
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 57,472 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.