Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- RT @alixculbertson: #Hammersmith Hospital spending £300,000 on ads just two months before A&E closes: getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-new… @savehfhospita… 2 hours ago
- RT @hackneymarshman: Sign warns cyclists about itself http://t.co/Uf9s7eXzdn 2 hours ago
- RT @JonnyGeller: Has a Twitter book recommendation resulted in a purchase? Pls RT if yes or Favourite if No - for a very unscientific poll. 6 hours ago
- Quantock Greenway South (Part 1) | Olly Writes ollypj.com/2014/07/21/qua… 19 hours ago
- RT @quantockpetion: @RossHenley @MikeSRigby @Quantockhills @pow_rebecca Read about it here quantockpetition.org.uk and tell the world about… 20 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Plans on show for flood-hit village 22/07/2014People on part of the Somerset Levels hit by the winter floods are shown plans designed to keep a major access route through the area open in times of flood.
- Information appeal on statue soldier 22/07/2014A museum in Somerset appeals for help in finding information about a World War One soldier, who is the subject of a 92-year-old bronze statue.
- VIDEO: Shock over ill son's holiday refusal 22/07/2014A mother has said she was shocked to be told she was not authorised to take her terminally ill son out of school to go on holiday.
- Storm-hit hospital 'back to normal' 21/07/2014A cardiac ward at a hospital in Bath reopens after torrential rain led to a leak that brought down part of the ceiling.
- Landslide toll 'to open next week' 21/07/2014A private temporary toll road to bypass a busy route between Bristol and Bath which was closed after a landslide, will open next week.
- Plans on show for flood-hit village 22/07/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 76,204 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.