Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- And here is Panzer's of Notting Hill and St John's Wood fame: stjohnswoodmemories.org.uk/page.aspx?id=83 12 hours ago
- Astonished to learn Schmidt's was German. Always thought it was Austrian. But then I've only ever met one other person who remembers it. 12 hours ago
- Schmidt's of Charlotte Street (auf Deutsch): londonleben.co.uk/london_leben/2… 12 hours ago
- RT @gingerfig: We are partly a contemporary art gallery in #BathPlace Taunton and we're actively seeking new artists so please RT! http://t… 12 hours ago
- So, been to Rigby & Peller and Boots this morning. Two essential stops when one has been away for five months, obvs. #nearestanddearest 18 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Tenant fears over Crown Estate sale 24/04/2014Tenants living in housing owned by the Crown in Somerset claim plans to sell off homes are ripping communities apart.
- Agoraphobic benefits cheat jailed 23/04/2014A benefits cheat from Frome with a fear of open spaces is jailed for a year after being caught working as a tour guide in South America.
- The unlikely debt capital of Britain 23/04/2014An area on the outskirts of Bath has been named Britain's personal loan hotspot - so what does this tell us about the state of our finances and the economy?
- Funding awarded to restore tower 24/04/2014Nearly £100,000 is awarded to the National Trust to restore a Grade I-listed building on the Wiltshire/Somerset border.
- Fire service 'has no flood plan' 23/04/2014A fire brigade in Somerset does not have a written emergency plan to deal with flooding, a union claims.
- Tenant fears over Crown Estate sale 24/04/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 73,220 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.