Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Bum. RT @Zeb_Bakes: @hasenschneck I had one recently, consumer surveys are not covered by Tps, :( I revisited their site. 8 hours ago
- Two calls about consumer surveys today and one last week. Registered with TPS. Hopeless. 9 hours ago
- LISTEN! RT @BBCRadio4: Jarvis Cocker examines the making of an unusual LP. Discover more here: bbc.in/1jZrRNV http://t.co/r221AnZnUL 1 day ago
- It's quiet in the skies. The swifts are gone. 1 day ago
- Sitting outside doing needlepoint. Any minute now someone's going to arrive in a carriage and bring me an orphan. 1 day ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Environment secretary shown dredging 28/07/2014The new environment secretary visits Somerset to see how work on river dredging is progressing.
- Transmitter arson suspect released 28/07/2014A man arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire at a communications mast near Bath is released without charge.
- Evacuation for WW2 'bomb' removal 28/07/2014Residents of 100 homes in a Somerset town are warned they must evacuate them to allow a suspected WW2 incendiary device to be removed from a garden on 6 August.
- Johnson sees future as Yeovil boss 28/07/2014Gary Johnson says he has "no thoughts" of leaving Yeovil Town, where he has spent six years of his managerial career.
- Success for road crossing campaign 27/07/2014A long-running campaign for a road crossing along a busy stretch of road in a Somerset town is approved by the local council.
- Environment secretary shown dredging 28/07/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 76,405 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.