Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- My local park has been full of people collecting sweet chestnuts by the bagful lately. Organised. 4 hours ago
- Illegal foragers are stripping UK forests of fungi | Environment | The Guardian - theguardian.com/environment/20… 4 hours ago
- We are watching Hot Fuzz because a) this is a democracy and b) I'm so boring. 6 hours ago
- Feeling a bit embarrassed by the Prime Minister. 9 hours ago
- Life with post-operative dog: play with me, play with me, play with me! *Plays with her* Onset of immediate canine sleep. 12 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- PCC apologises for revealing identity 24/10/2014Avon and Somerset PCC Sue Mountstevens apologises for telling the chief constable the name of a woman who had accused him of improper behaviour.
- Man arrested after hit-and-run 24/10/2014A man from the London area is arrested over the death of an elderly man who died in a hit-and-run crash in Somerset.
- 'Cowboy' builder behind £1.5m fraud 23/10/2014A rogue builder who defrauded homeowners of up to £1.5m in Bristol and south Wales over a two-year period is jailed for five years.
- Sacked Children's boss 'resigned' 21/10/2014A Somerset children's services boss who was sacked by the council claims he had already handed in his notice.
- Century-old school photos handed over 23/10/2014Century-old photographs are given to the school in Somerset where they were taken after being found dumped at a recycling centre 150 miles away.
- PCC apologises for revealing identity 24/10/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 78,896 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.