Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- In Katoomba. Town centre virtually completely Art Deco. Decrepitly charming. Wintry. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katoomba,… 3 hours ago
- RT @BWMercury: Free microchipping for dogs on offer: Dog owners in West Somerset are being urged to take advantage of a micro... http://t.c… 3 hours ago
- Birds of the day: a Superb Lyrebird and an Eastern Yellow Robin. I think. 3 hours ago
- For the design conscious dog owner. houndworthy.com/shop/houndwort… 1 day ago
- RT @WoodlandTrust: Could you school gardening club do with some #freetrees? Apply now for delivery in November ow.ly/yr5h8 1 day ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Badger cull targets are announced 26/08/2014A target number of badgers to be killed in this year's pilot cull to tackle tuberculosis in cattle is announced.
- Banned Biblical whale has beach show 26/08/2014A giant inflatable whale is inflated on a beach at Weston-super-Mare after it was banned from Hyde Park in London for being "too religious".
- Hospice nets £150k from Rod concert 27/08/2014A sell-out concert in Taunton featuring singer Rod Stewart raises £150,000 for a Somerset hospice charity.
- Pursued man injured by police car 24/08/2014A Yeovil man being pursued by police is hit and injured by a police car after getting out of his vehicle.
- Pigeon flight commemorates WW1 24/08/2014Hundreds of pigeons fly 265 miles from Belgium to Somerset to mark the centenary of World War One.
- Badger cull targets are announced 26/08/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 77,159 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.