Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Just had to explain to a 23-yr-old that the ginger baby isn't REALLY Damien Lewis's baby. #homeland #ohgod 13 hours ago
- Love it when the dog starts up out of her bed and is halfway across the room before she knows what she's doing. 13 hours ago
- Sent son pic of just-picked home-grown grapes. Response: "they look like a winter fruit grape mix". Been in marketing way too long. 22 hours ago
- Ooh, thorns are nasty sepsis-inducing little buggers. 22 hours ago
- Have released a butterfly from the living room. #October 1 day ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Teenager dies in car river plunge 20/10/2014A teenager dies after the car she was in left the road and ended up in the River Parrett, police say.
- Two held over fatal hit-and-run crash 19/10/2014Two people are arrested in connection with the death of an 84-year-old Somerset man who was struck by a vehicle that failed to stop.
- Annual bolving contest held on Exmoor 19/10/2014More than 40 adults and children take part in an annual bolving contest, to find out who can best mimic the mating call of a stag.
- Children's services boss to go 17/10/2014Somerset's children's services boss is let go by the council, ahead of another inadequate Ofsted rating.
- Scarecrow trail raises funds for boy 18/10/2014A fair takes place to celebrate the creation of 129 scarecrows to raise money for a Somerset boy with cancer.
- Teenager dies in car river plunge 20/10/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 78,727 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.