Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- On street corner opposite, huge abandoned saucepan containing remnants of stew (possibly). *writes backstory* 21 minutes ago
- Little bit tired of the relentless 7am waking with Nora. Do they grow out of this? 3 hours ago
- Met a bloke recently who used to work for Joyce Grenfell. She used to pre-chew her dog's food for it, apparently. 14 hours ago
- For 5 years I wondered why 2 branches of the same shop are so close together in Bridgwater. It's because Aldi and Lidl are different shops. 14 hours ago
- Totally agree with @jonsnowC4 on cycling in London now that so many are at it: theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2… 14 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Flooded church opens for Easter 20/04/2014A church in a Somerset village that was badly flooded earlier this year holds a special Easter service.
- Woman killed as her car hits wall 19/04/2014A 23-year-old woman dies as her car hits a wall in Taunton.
- John Lewis celebrates 150 years 19/04/2014The John Lewis partnership is celebrating 150 years since it opened its first store. The group was founded by John Lewis from Shepton Mallet.
- Sand sculptors wow seaside revellers 18/04/2014Weston-super-Mare's annual sand sculpture festival begins.
- Fireworks 'not to blame' for pile-up 17/04/2014Smoke from fireworks was "not to blame" for a pile-up on the M5 near Taunton which killed seven people, a coroner rules.
- Flooded church opens for Easter 20/04/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 73,013 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.