Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
Posts Tagged ‘gum boots’
- Oh for goodness' sake. http://t.co/XiEiWJ999K 5 hours ago
- Just wrote a note which included the words "trick or tweet". I need help. 9 hours ago
- RT @clavelshaybarn: Urgently looking for part time waiting staff able to work weekends and who have own transport. Please contact Sue 9 hours ago
- Actually completely creeped out by this weather at Hallowe'en. 11 hours ago
- Hello @EnBrogue. May I recommend these eccoshoesuk.com/ecco-touch-15-… as perfect dog-walking boots? Waterproof and wipe clean with manmade soles. 11 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Police boss in gross misconduct probe 31/10/2014A police chief will face an internal charge of gross misconduct after an allegation of inappropriate behaviour towards women.
- Care girl had sex with staff member 31/10/2014A 16-year-old girl in the care of Somerset County Council is alleged to have had a sexual relationship with a member of children's services staff.
- Somerset Levels dredging completed 31/10/2014Dredging of the rivers Parrett and Tone on the Somerset Levels is completed on schedule, the Environment Agency has confirmed.
- Man who died in crane crash is named 31/10/2014A man who died in a crash when a van was apparently struck by a crane fixed to a lorry is named by police.
- Hospital gains foundation status 30/10/2014Bath's Royal United Hospital gains NHS foundation status, which it says will enable patients to enjoy a better service.
- Police boss in gross misconduct probe 31/10/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
November 2014 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 79,074 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.