My life has gone into a kind of limbo. I can’t easily leave the house. I spend most of the time in the kitchen and I’m always inserting myself as peacekeeper between the new puppy and the cats. I’m very lucky because I’ve got all the time in the world to devote to this funny little thing that I’ve decided to add to my life. Those who have children will recognise that time when you’re on maternity leave with a new baby and are spending your days – between brief naps – with this thing you don’t understand that expects your undivided attention and then sleeps for unaccountable hours that you then feel you’ve wasted. Those without, well, I think you’d be right to think I need my head examined. I had all the freedom in the world once I left my job and now I’ve tied myself down. But somehow I don’t think I’m going to regret it; despite last night’s loud howling from the kitchen. Expect more puppy pictures. Many more.
- RT @tigerrecruit: PA to Headmaster, North Somerset, North Somerset, £25k-30k, Admin & Secretarial idi.to/Nog 10 hours ago
- Dinner at a packed Gay Hussar last night. Future still uncertain but food delicious and great atmosphere. Fingers crossed it stays. 12 hours ago
- Knee level fog. Definitely not the right kind of fog if you're a dog. 1 day ago
- Did Nelson Mandela like fog? 1 day ago
- Bought some first birthday presents for my first cousin twice removed: books, of course. From a shop, albeit a museum shop. 1 day ago
Top topicsart autumn beach birds blogging Bridgwater cattle china christmas cottage Country life countryside craft Crafts deer Dog England Equestrian farming flowers garage garden gardening hedge History holiday holidays home Home and Garden horse horses horticulture knitting Lady-Gardener Lady-Vendor London manor farm National Trust nature Nether Stowey painting percy Personal Pets pheasant photography pictures postaday2011 Quantock Hills Quantocks rain riding rural rural England rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer Sweden tourism travel Travel and Tourism Travellers' Rest Twitter UK vacation walk walking weather west country wind winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Kamikaze insignia translation sought 12/12/2013A museum which owns a rare Japanese kamikaze aircraft is appealing for help to decipher two "intriguing markings".
- Police chief offers £1 for cameras 12/12/2013The chief constable of Avon and Somerset Police says he will buy any speed cameras from local councils unwilling to operate them for £1.
- RSPCA badger cull advert banned 11/12/2013An RSPCA advert suggesting badgers in cull areas would be "exterminated" is banned following more than 100 complaints.
- Hope for second Geoffroy's bat find 11/12/2013Experts await DNA confirmation that they have found a Geoffroy's bat at a nature reserve near Bath.
- Fireworks man cleared over M5 crash 10/12/2013A man in charge of a fireworks display held on the night of a motorway crash in which seven people died is cleared of breaching health and safety laws.
- Kamikaze insignia translation sought 12/12/2013
- Friday: heavy rain, Max Temp: 13°C (55°F), Min Temp: 5°C (41°F) 12/12/2013Max Temp: 13°C (55°F), Min Temp: 5°C (41°F), Wind Direction: SSW, Wind Speed: 11mph, Visibility: moderate, Pressure: 1016mb, Humidity: 93%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:08GMT, Sunset: 16:05GMT
- Friday: heavy rain, Max Temp: 13°C (55°F), Min Temp: 5°C (41°F) 12/12/2013
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 67,136 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.