From the silhouettes of Italian trees to the spectacular giants of Lydeard Hill in Somerset, they are under threat and I am worrying about them; capturing their beauty while I can.
- RT @catherine_mayer: You wouldn't get rich, but you'd work with one of loveliest people in one of loveliest if most beleaguered industries … 5 hours ago
- RT @NoraLabradora: Owner of American bulldog asked us to leave park dog area bc it "isn't good with other dogs". Nope, train and socialise … 10 hours ago
- RT @alixculbertson: #Hammersmith Hospital spending £300,000 on ads just two months before A&E closes: getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-new… @savehfhospita… 12 hours ago
- RT @hackneymarshman: Sign warns cyclists about itself http://t.co/Uf9s7eXzdn 12 hours ago
- RT @JonnyGeller: Has a Twitter book recommendation resulted in a purchase? Pls RT if yes or Favourite if No - for a very unscientific poll. 16 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- YMCA hostel given £1m funding boost 22/07/2014Work to turn a derelict hotel into a hostel for young and vulnerable people could begin by the end of the year, after the project receives a £1.1m boost.
- Plans on show for flood-hit village 22/07/2014People on part of the Somerset Levels hit by the winter floods are shown plans designed to keep a major access route through the area open in times of flood.
- Information appeal on statue soldier 22/07/2014A museum in Somerset appeals for help in finding information about a World War One soldier, who is the subject of a 92-year-old bronze statue.
- VIDEO: Shock over ill son's holiday refusal 22/07/2014A mother has said she was shocked to be told she was not authorised to take her terminally ill son out of school to go on holiday.
- Storm-hit hospital 'back to normal' 21/07/2014A cardiac ward at a hospital in Bath reopens after torrential rain led to a leak that brought down part of the ceiling.
- YMCA hostel given £1m funding boost 22/07/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 76,217 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.