From the silhouettes of Italian trees to the spectacular giants of Lydeard Hill in Somerset, they are under threat and I am worrying about them; capturing their beauty while I can.
- Wanted: Old footwear with soul - I love this. Makes me wish I'd kept some to give them. bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan… 4 hours ago
- Giant couscous. Mm. Why? 7 hours ago
- Gave the #puppy a cold carrot to soothe teething mouth. Keeps bringing it back to me and looking hopeful. #soddingretriever 7 hours ago
- Turns I have become completely unreliable since I left work and think nothing of getting dates and time of meetings wrong. Don't employ me. 13 hours ago
- Just made a donation to the @BBCRadio4 St Martin-in-the-Fields Christmas Appeal shar.es/DzqFT 13 hours ago
Top topicsart autumn beach birds blogging Bridgwater cattle china christmas cottage Country life countryside craft Crafts deer Dog England Equestrian farming flowers garage garden gardening hedge History holiday holidays home Home and Garden horse horses horticulture knitting Lady-Gardener Lady-Vendor London manor farm National Trust nature Nether Stowey painting percy Personal Pets pheasant photography pictures postaday2011 Quantock Hills Quantocks rain riding rural rural England rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer Sweden tourism travel Travel and Tourism Travellers' Rest Twitter UK vacation walk walking weather west country wind winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Animal disease test labs to close 04/12/2013Eight government science laboratories, including one in Somerset, are to close with the loss of up to 30 jobs.
- Hinkley C deal may breach EU rules 03/12/2013The deal to build a new nuclear power station in Somerset is being investigated by the European Commission, the BBC understands.
- Nannies uniform gets 70-year restyle 03/12/2013Norland College in Bath has changed its trainee nannies' uniforms for the first time in 70 years.
- Hunt for multiple sex attack suspect 02/12/2013A man suspected of four sexual offences in Somerset is being sought by police.
- Petrol robbers jailed 20 years later 02/12/2013A couple who tried to rob a petrol station near Bristol and who then fled to Ireland are jailed almost 20 years after the crime.
- Animal disease test labs to close 04/12/2013
- Thursday: white cloud, Max Temp: 10°C (50°F), Min Temp: 3°C (37°F) 05/12/2013Max Temp: 10°C (50°F), Min Temp: 3°C (37°F), Wind Direction: W, Wind Speed: 20mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1026mb, Humidity: 76%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 07:59GMT, Sunset: 16:07GMT
- Thursday: white cloud, Max Temp: 10°C (50°F), Min Temp: 3°C (37°F) 05/12/2013
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 66,821 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.