Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- It is not freedom of speech. Jeez, people are stupid. 27 minutes ago
- Dear Woman on @BBCRadio4. It is NOT ok that men say hello if a woman is out in the street alone. 28 minutes ago
- Oh good. I'm painting my walls the colour of dirty white paint. #notwhatitsaidonthetin 5 hours ago
- RT @fostersbookshop: “Tower Moat is currently full of #poppies, but during the war, it was used to grow vegetables the-east-end.co.uk h… 8 hours ago
- RT @Sathnam: Hold me, Twitter. Just read the phrase "Branderstanding" in a business newspaper. "Let your brand speak for itself". 8 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Care children 'at exploitation risk' 30/10/2014Serious concerns are raised by Ofsted over two care homes for children, over the risk of drugs, crime and sexual exploitation.
- PCC's 'serious error of judgement' 30/10/2014A PCC made a "serious error of judgement" by revealing the name of a whistleblower, an investigation finds.
- Hospital gains foundation status 30/10/2014Bath's Royal United Hospital gains NHS foundation status, which it says will enable patients to enjoy a better service.
- Bishop's Palace window repaired 30/10/2014A £100,000 project to repair one of the large stone arch windows at the Bishop's Palace in Wells is almost complete.
- No fog detectors for M5 crash site 29/10/2014The Highways Agency says it will not heed calls to install fog detectors at the scene of a motorway crash in which seven people died.
- Care children 'at exploitation risk' 30/10/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 79,020 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.