Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- RT @JamesBlunt: That's Captain Bell-End to you, Hinchy. RT @dmhinchy: James Blunt is a major bell end 18 hours ago
- Victoria Coren's piece about the late John Diamond made me cry: theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 21 hours ago
- RT @raubrey: Great advert for your proof reading service. http://t.co/hGihWQXTeL 21 hours ago
- Oh, I don't know. 22 hours ago
- Edward Thomas finally finds Winter's grave – Spring – about two miles from here in the Quantocks. The End. 1 day ago
Top topicsart autumn beach birds blogging Bridgwater cattle china christmas cottage Country life countryside craft Crafts deer Dog England Equestrian farming flowers garage garden gardening hedge History holiday holidays home Home and Garden horse horses horticulture knitting Lady-Gardener Lady-Vendor London manor farm National Trust nature Nether Stowey painting percy Personal Pets pheasant photography pictures postaday2011 Quantock Hills Quantocks rain riding rural rural England rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer Sweden tourism travel Travel and Tourism Travellers' Rest Twitter UK vacation walk walking weather west country wind winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Six bailed after slavery raids 09/12/2013Six people arrested after a number of slavery raids in the Bristol area, and one at a farm in Yeovil, are released on bail.
- Ambulances miss emergency targets 07/12/2013South West Ambulance Service missed emergency call-out response targets in October, a report reveals.
- Wetland turned into crane habitat 09/12/2013Farmers on the Somerset Moors and Levels create new breeding habitat for cranes as part of a project to reintroduce the species.
- Marine 'devastated' at life sentence 06/12/2013A former Royal Marine from Taunton who murdered an insurgent in Afghanistan is "devastated" at being given a life sentence.
- Footballer jailed for friend's death 06/12/2013A non-league footballer is jailed for causing a crash on the M5 near Taunton, which killed a man and seriously injured another.
- Six bailed after slavery raids 09/12/2013
- Monday: mist, Max Temp: 11°C (52°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 09/12/2013Max Temp: 11°C (52°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: NE, Wind Speed: 1mph, Visibility: poor, Pressure: 1029mb, Humidity: 96%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:04GMT, Sunset: 16:06GMT
- Monday: mist, Max Temp: 11°C (52°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 09/12/2013
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 67,015 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.