Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- So, been to Rigby & Peller and Boots this morning. Two essential stops when one has been away for five months, obvs. #nearestanddearest 5 hours ago
- Nightmare of sending newspaper to press w layout unfinished: mumbrella.com.au/afr-apologises… via @mumbrella 5 hours ago
- Friend's exhibition. MT @Finlay_Brewer: Michele Jaffe Pearce: 1May, 113 Askew Road W12 michelejaffepearce.com http://t.co/sjY5ahr37S 10 hours ago
- As a British born Austro-Hungarian, resident in London and Somerset, am I a minority? 10 hours ago
- *bursts with excitement on M4* 1 day ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Agoraphobic benefits cheat jailed 23/04/2014A benefits cheat from Frome with a fear of open spaces is jailed for a year after being caught working as a tour guide in South America.
- The unlikely debt capital of Britain 23/04/2014An area on the outskirts of Bath has been named Britain's personal loan hotspot - so what does this tell us about the state of our finances and the economy?
- Funding awarded to restore tower 24/04/2014Nearly £100,000 is awarded to the National Trust to restore a Grade I-listed building on the Wiltshire/Somerset border.
- Fire service 'has no flood plan' 23/04/2014A fire brigade in Somerset does not have a written emergency plan to deal with flooding, a union claims.
- Trust 'failed' on 111 call answering 23/04/2014The South Western Ambulance Service chief executive says the service has "failed to deliver the performance required" in answering weekend calls to the NHS 111 number.
- Agoraphobic benefits cheat jailed 23/04/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 73,192 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.