Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- "HMRC is committed to protecting its customers' information." CUSTOMERS? Custom assumes choice over where you bestow it. #idiots 3 hours ago
- WHAT? Now this incompetent government wants to sell our financial details… theguardian.com/politics/2014/… 3 hours ago
- Found some sheep's teeth in the garden today. Yesterday, Nora threw up a tiny pre-war 'rubber' glove. Hate to think what else is out there. 4 hours ago
- RT @Telegraph: The world’s oldest hot cross bun (baked in 1807) gets its annual outing fw.to/EQBfNnG (Pic: East News) http://t.co/… 5 hours ago
- Um, computer, I think you're a bit confused: http://t.co/Axio3XaTVL 5 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Fireworks 'not to blame' for pile-up 17/04/2014Smoke from fireworks was "not to blame" for a pile-up on the M5 near Taunton which killed seven people, a coroner rules.
- Sand sculptors wow seaside revellers 18/04/2014Weston-super-Mare's annual sand sculpture festival begins.
- Roads: 'Busiest day of year so far' 17/04/2014Drivers take to Britain's roads in what experts believe is the busiest day of the year so far, as Eurostar and Eurotunnel passengers experience delays caused by the breakdown of a Eurotunnel shuttle train.
- Reprieve for threatened bus routes 16/04/2014Threatened bus routes in Somerset are saved after a consultation conducted by the local authority.
- Car museum unveiled after £5m re-fit 16/04/2014Haynes Motor Museum in Somerset officially opens three new exhibition halls after its three-year £5m re-fit project.
- Fireworks 'not to blame' for pile-up 17/04/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 72,919 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.