Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- It's the heat isn't it? #idiots 14 minutes ago
- Hey lady with out-of-control lab! Don't tell me to put mine on a lead. *recalls dog by whistle* 14 minutes ago
- Re the campylobacter chicken panic, if you read @guardian article carefully, it's ready meals that are affected. Just don't buy them. 2 hours ago
- Dear Aussie Govt, when tourist visas requested please grant same not business visas. Grr. 2 hours ago
- Proof that dogs can tell stuffed dogs from buckets bit.ly/WEBqY4 14 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- 'More needed' on child protection 24/07/2014Child protection work in Somerset still needs to improve, according to a government review, six months after the council was told it was "inadequate".
- Staff levels 'risk care standards' 24/07/2014A report says standards of health care are being compromised at Weston General Hospital because of staff shortages.
- ME battle woman swims to Scilly 23/07/2014A Somerset woman who was once forced to use a wheelchair because of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), or ME, swims 26 miles from Cornwall to the Isles of Scilly.
- Council offices move idea rejected 23/07/2014Councillors in Taunton Deane reject proposals to sell off the borough council headquarters and move in with Somerset Council Council.
- VIDEO: Dangerous sinking mud warning issued 23/07/2014Calls for help from people vehicles stuck in the mud off the Bristol Channel coast are up on last year, rescue charities said.
- 'More needed' on child protection 24/07/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 76,253 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.