Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- Oh dear, all I can think of is His Master's Voice. http://t.co/5HSEsN68dd 10 hours ago
- Just spoke to my cousin in Canada. Complete indifference to Ottawa situation. #news 11 hours ago
- Need ear plugs. 🙉 14 hours ago
- Not enjoying having a very whiny post-operative dog around. Hard to believe she isn't in pain. 14 hours ago
- Dog at the vet's called 'Beige'. 14 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Sacked Children's boss 'resigned' 21/10/2014A Somerset children's services boss who was sacked by the council claims he had already handed in his notice.
- Man released after hit-and-run 22/10/2014A man who was arrested in connection with the death of an elderly man who died in a hit-and-run crash is released without charge.
- Man pops the question in police car 22/10/2014A woman accepts a proposal of marriage while in a police car following a road traffic accident.
- Badger culls 'may not be rolled out' 21/10/2014Plans to extend badger culls will be cancelled if pilots in Somerset and Gloucestershire miss their targets, a source close to Defra tells the BBC.
- VIDEO: Meningitis baby to lose four limbs 21/10/2014A fundraising campaign is under way to help a baby girl from Bath who has to have all her limbs amputated after contracting meningitis.
- Sacked Children's boss 'resigned' 21/10/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 78,855 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.