Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- A man is making a probably botched job of repairing the garage roof. "Did you bring a saw?" I ask, hoping to borrow it. "No." #um 2 hours ago
- Annoying when someone retweets you but changes it so that it's not what you wrote. #pointless 2 hours ago
- When I first saw a pic of penguins in jumpers I thought it was a joke. But no, they are actually in need: theguardian.com/world/2014/mar…. 2 hours ago
- Really sorry about Bob Crow's death. A proper old school trade unionist. 3 hours ago
- Brief walk in field to retrieve dog's poo from silage, ahem. Also found a nice piece of quartz. #win 19 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Dutch pumps set to move off Levels 10/03/2014Four high volume pumps at Huntworth on the Somerset Levels could be removed later, the Environment Agency confirms.
- Flood-hit railway line re-opens 09/03/2014The flood-hit railway line between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads re-opens with a reduced service, rail operators say.
- Canal towpath to become cycle route 10/03/2014Improvement work to a section of the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal towpath in Somerset gets under way.
- Widow to sue over pothole death 09/03/2014The widow of a charity cyclist who was killed when his bike hit a pothole says she will sue a council over his death.
- Gallagher wins Paralympic gold 10/03/2014University of Bath graduate Kelly Gallagher wins Britain's first ever Winter Paralympic gold with victory in the super-G event in Sochi.
- Dutch pumps set to move off Levels 10/03/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 70,985 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.