Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- Dear Charities, what's going on? This week: CPRE phonecall, Battersea Dogs Home, British Red Cross and RNIB doorstep. #toomuch 7 hours ago
- My printer is like a child. Only 2 sheets of paper left, won't print on them. Just spits them out shrieking: "waah, feed me!" 9 hours ago
- So no experience of education required to be head of Ofsted then? 11 hours ago
- Blooming heck. RT @Londonist: The Churchill Arms in Kensington, photographed by Fred on Flickr bit.ly/1s2LYfa http://t.co/K6CbC8pENe 15 hours ago
- The Monkey Temple on Askew Road. Delicious. Again. 1 day ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- 'Bullied' youngest councillor quits 31/07/2014Somerset's youngest county councillor resigns, citing "intimidation and bullying from other politicians".
- Body-in-car killer drops appeal 31/07/2014One of the three killers of a woman whose body was found in a burnt-out car in Somerset drops an appeal against his murder conviction and life sentence.
- Bath Rugby extra seats plan approved 31/07/2014Bath Rugby's plans to increase seating capacity for the next two seasons have been approved by the local authority.
- Policing project given £751k boost 30/07/2014A policing project to cut crime is given a £751,000 Home Office grant after its success in a deprived housing estate in Taunton.
- Missed appointments cost £90k a year 30/07/2014Patients missing appointments is costing Yeovil District Hospital £90,000 a year, it is claimed.
- 'Bullied' youngest councillor quits 31/07/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 76,466 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.