Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- Gentrification: paint door greeny grey, plant lavender, tulips and an olive tree. Downlighters are a must and plantation shutters. Yawn. 2 hours ago
- RT @Ocado: @hasenschneck Thanks for your feedback, we'll take your comments on board. 7 hours ago
- Dear @Ocado, please leave book selling to booksellers. 7 hours ago
- "@John_Ranson She said she would have stopped if she thought she'd hurt him. Luckily that's not how the law works. 10 hours ago
- Just put handcream in my ear. #itchy 10 hours ago
Top topicsautumn birds blogging christmas cottage Country life countryside Crafts England flowers garden gardening hedge holiday home Home and Garden horse Lady-Vendor London manor farm nature Nether Stowey pheasant photography pictures postaday2011 Quantock Hills rain riding rural life seasons Shopping snow Somerset Spring summer Sweden travel Travellers' Rest UK walk walking weather wind winter
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Accused denies burning documents 23/05/2013A man accused of murdering his 23-year-old girlfriend as part of a plot to benefit from her life insurance denies burning a copy of the policy.
- South West Water in £60m investment 23/05/2013South West Water is to invest £60m in its infrastructure, including sewers and treatment works, and services, managers say.
- Flood car death 'was an accident' 22/05/2013A grandfather who drowned after his car became wedged under a footbridge in flash floods had been trying to avoid a ford, an inquest hears.
- Canister explosion at campsite 22/05/2013Three students from Somerset on a school trip are injured in a gas explosion at a Dorset holiday park.
- Yeovilton squadron returns home 22/05/2013Service personnel from 847 squadron return to RNAS Yeovilton after their fourth and final deployment to Afghanistan.
- Accused denies burning documents 23/05/2013
- Friday: light rain shower, Max Temp: 13°C (55°F), Min Temp: 6°C (43°F) 23/05/2013Max Temp: 13°C (55°F), Min Temp: 6°C (43°F), Wind Direction: NW, Wind Speed: 23mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1011mb, Humidity: 63%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 05:09BST, Sunset: 21:08BST
- Friday: light rain shower, Max Temp: 13°C (55°F), Min Temp: 6°C (43°F) 23/05/2013
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 57,333 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.