Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- Oh dear. Hoardes of twenty-somethings who got in at 4:30 are descending. I love it really. 1 hour ago
- RT @ethodist: A folded umbrella of doe's limbs, lying beside a one-lane road. I look away. Winter is coming, it might have killed her anywa… 2 hours ago
- Man’s headaches due to [RARE] tapeworm living in his brain for four years | Science | The Guardian - theguardian.com/science/2014/n… 2 hours ago
- RT @fostersbookshop: #Bookshop looking twinkly pre-dawn #W4 http://t.co/eTlcGmLAkR 5 hours ago
- Feeling a bit addicted to Serial podcast now. 16 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- 101 non-emergency number down 22/11/2014Several police forces, including Avon and Somerset are reporting the 101 contact number, designed for non-emergency issues, is down.
- Fake ID accused denies 'living a lie' 21/11/2014The former head of the Somerset Racial Equality Council who is charged with stealing someone else's identity, denies a prosecution claim that he was living a lie.
- Train firm's lost teddy campaign 21/11/2014A train firm starts a campaign to help reunite children with their lost teddy bears in time for Christmas.
- Concerns over loss-making car park 22/11/2014A loss-making car park in Weston-super-Mare is set to cost the council £20,000 a month from April 2015.
- Flood-hit village hall re-opens 20/11/2014A village hall on the Somerset Levels reopens after being dried out and repaired following last winter's flooding.
- 101 non-emergency number down 22/11/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 79,697 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.