Now, I actually saw a woman walking her dog in these boots in London this week. Of course, I noticed them. That’s the point, I suppose, but, as Rachel Johnson, editor of the magazine The Lady, pointed out last weekend, country people wear wellies from Homebase or Countrywide. LIKE ME! I want to shout. LIKE ME! Not that I don’t have welly envy from time to time, when I see a nice pair of Hunters. But Jimmy Choo Hunters at £225 are not for me – even if I was wandering about on Net-a-Porter.com this evening, just looking, of course… Hunters, who are serious welly makers of long standing, (I remember buying some huge black ones in a ships’ chandlers in north Norfolk about 25 years ago with my ex-husband, because they were the only make that went up to a size 12 – they were for him, not for me) must be laughing all the way to the bank. Anyway, I’m heading to Spring Cottage with my friend Mrs Honeytree this weekend. She owns a fine pair of Hunters and I look forward to coveting them.
- Four Thought with Imperial's Sunil Shaunak excellent on commercialising new medicine now. 12 hours ago
- RT @LostboxUK: Twitter help!! Engraved wedding ring #found Monday on a #Orpington to #Victoria train #London lostbox.co.uk/items/found/ri… http://… 17 hours ago
- RT @caitlinmoran: Absolutely BRILLIANT piece by Newsnight editor @iankatz1000 on how screwed political interviewing is -& the solution: htt… 18 hours ago
- Going to make bread in my NEW OVEN. Traumatised as old one was 22-years-old. #interestingtweet 22 hours ago
- After my new cooker saga I have to applaud @johnlewisretail & @JLcustserv for resolving an issue that also shocked them. Everyone lovely. 22 hours ago
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautifulWilliam Morris
- Man arrested over murder in village 01/10/2014A man is arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found at a house in Somerset.
- Care details 'left on view' at homes 01/10/2014Details of vulnerable children were left on view at a Somerset care home, an independent observer reveals.
- First Glastonbury tickets go in 14 minutes 01/10/2014Today 15,000 coach and ticket packages have been snapped up twice as fast as last year, but don't worry the rest go on sale this Sunday.
- Radio and TV host Sheila Tracy dies 01/10/2014Broadcaster and musician Sheila Tracy, who was the first woman to read the news on BBC Radio 4 and presented the south-west regional news, has died.
- 'Unique' coin collection auctioned 01/10/2014A collection of 17th Century coins made in Somerset for use as local currency fetch £18,600 at auction.
- Man arrested over murder in village 01/10/2014
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F), Wind Direction: S, Wind Speed: 13mph, Visibility: very good, Pressure: 1007mb, Humidity: 79%, Pollution: n/a, Sunrise: 08:02GMT, Sunset: 16:44GMT
- Tuesday: white cloud, Max Temp: 8°C (46°F), Min Temp: 4°C (39°F) 20/01/2014
I am a
Click to see what
flower you are
- 77,971 page views
Please email me if you would like to use any of the text or images on this blog.